Derry Clarke’s Risotto Recipe With Poached Egg2013-04-16
- Servings : 4
Sally Barnes Natural smoked haddock risotto with Parmesan & spinach, poached hen’s eggs & curry froth
- For Sally Barnes natural smoked haddock risotto;
- ½ basic risotto recipe
- 300g Sally Barnes smoked haddock (skinned & diced)
- 100g spinach (washed, dried & chopped)
- 50g Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Poached eggs;
- 4 hen’s eggs
- For the curry froth;
- 1 basic froth recipe (substitute 40ml coconut milk & 50ml cream for 90ml cream)
- ½ teaspoon tumeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Thai green curry paste
- 2cm stick lemongrass (broken up to release the flavour)
- 5g fresh ginger (peeled & sliced)
- ½ red chilli (deseeded & chopped)
For the natural smoked haddock risotto with Parmesan cheese & spinach; Set aside for later use
Make the basic risotto adding the diced haddock just before the stock, and adding the spinach & Parmesan cheese when all the stock is absorbed.
Set aside for later use.
For the poached hen’s egg;
Bring a large pot of water to simmering point.
Break the hen’s eggs into the pot gently one at a time.
Cook for 1 minute before taking the pot off the heat, and allowing the eggs to sit in the water for 8 minutes.
This gives a translucent egg with a soft creamy yolk, remove with a perforated spoon.
For the curry froth;
Follow the basic froth recipe, boiling all the ingredients with the stock, cream & coconut milk.
Pass through a fine sieve & using a hand blender or whisk, froth the mixture.
Divide the natural smoked haddock risotto with Parmesan & spinach between 4 warmed plates, drizzle the curry forth about the plates.
Finally, place a poached egg on the top of each mould of risotto.