Bacon, Egg And Spinach Pies2013-04-16
- Servings : 4
A really tasty breakfast dish but when served with crusty bread, or potato wedges and salad makes a great lunch or dinner.
- 12 streaky bacon rashers, rind removed
- 6 Quality Assured eggs
- 250mls low fat crème fraîche
- 2 tablesp. chopped flatleaf parsley
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g spinach, washed and thinly sliced
- 25g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- To serve: Crusty bread and salad
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C (350°F).
Grease 4 x 12cm round ovenproof dishes or a 26cm quiche dish. Line the base and sides with the rashers. (Loose bottom tins are not suitable as the mixture will leak out.) Whisk together the eggs, crème fraîche, parsley, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
Divide the spinach between the four dishes or spread it over the base of the quiche dish, then pour in the egg mixture. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the egg filling is just set. Serve immediately with crusty bread and salad.
This information is per serving.