Creamy Scrambled Eggs With Ham, Tomatoes And Roasted Peppers2013-04-16
- Skill Level: Easy
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 4
- Ready In : 10m
Be careful not to let the butter burn as it will ruin the flavour of these creamy scrambled eggs.
- 6 large Quality Assured eggs
- 2 tablesp. cream or milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A knob of butter
- 4 slices of bread, toasted and lightly buttered
- 4 slices of ham or crispy bacon
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 red peppers, grilled until blackened, then skinned and sliced
- Handful of basil leaves
- 1 tablesp. chives, chopped
Whisk the eggs in a bowl with the cream or milk, salt and pepper. Heat a medium sized pan and add the butter. As soon as the butter has melted pour in the egg mixture. Allow it to sit for about 30 seconds before stirring it very gently with a wooden spoon. When the eggs are softly set and still a little runny, remove from the heat and leave for a couple of seconds to finish cooking.
To assemble, put a slice of toast on each of four plates. Add the ham or bacon, then the tomatoes and peppers, a few basil leaves and finally the scrambled eggs. Sprinkle over some chives. Serve with a green salad.
This information is per serving.